10 Best Winter Honeymoon Destinations In India
10. Daman and Diu – Daman and Diu are small islands in the southern tip of Gujarat. A honeymoon in this sparsely populated union territory is always a blissful blend of the sun, sea and sand which makes it the best among the winter honeymoon destinations in India.
Best honeymoon experiences: Stroll along the cliffs with your partner; cycle around the island; explore the town and its maze of alleys; walk along the beaches of Nagao; go caving; make a wish in the churches; explore the Diu fort and left overs of Portuguese culture and people.
9. Jaisalmer – A fairytale rising from the mirage of a long lost royalty, Jaisalmer is for those who wish to celebrate their love amidst art and culture. Royal forts to sand dunes – everything is equally enriching.
Best honeymoon experiences: Go for a desert safari, camping and bonfire among the sand dunes; feel the warmth of royal love in the quaint havelis, forts and palaces; celebrate your love amidst the festivals, folk music, dance, arts and craft of this mesmerizing winter honeymoon destinations in India.
5. Andaman and Nicobar – Enough of lands! Splash some waters and rejoice the advent of newfound love in your lives. Go underwater and discover the wonders of seaworld in Andaman.
Best honeymoon experiences: Laze around in the luxurious resorts and hotels in Andaman; pamper your love in the seclusion of quiet beaches; heritage museums and historical places to explore around; test your adventure quotient in scuba diving, snorkeling and watersports.
4. Darjeeling – The rustic charm of this hill station can beat the ass of any other romantic destination in the world. Come winters and the hazy days through the lush green panorama will force you to plant that kiss you’ve been longing to.
Best honeymoon experiences: Explore the beautiful lush greens of the tea plantations; trek along with your better half, hike to the mountains, have a bird’s eye view of the Himalayan heights and Khangchendzonga panorama from Mall road; make love in the surreal warmth of the hills. Don’t forget to take a ride on the heritage toy train.
3. Kullu and Manali – These twin sisters in the Himalayas are the most scenic snow princesses up north. The snow clad hills offer some of the most adventurous honeymooner’s escape during winters.
Best honeymoon experiences: Indulge in Heli skiing, snow skiing, ice skating while it snows the best in Manali; trek to the heights of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges, go for river rafting in the waters of Beas.
2. Shimla – The queen of hills has her own charms. A kullad chai in the snow clad lanes, shopping in the lakkad bazaar, hiking up the hills to soak in the chills of cold breeze, Shimla offers you every chance to look back at your love and admire each other.
Best honeymoon experiences: Track back your footprints at the snow clad Scandal Point, explore Mall road, Lakkar Bazaar and five benches road while you walk hand in hand with your new found love; go for skiing and ice skating in Kufri .
1. Jammu and Kashmir – A honeymoon in paradise itself! No comparisons, no metaphors. Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you our very own Switzerland—Jammu and Kashmir.Skiing starts at Gulmarg in December; thus, this honeymoon destination in India is a must on your list.